How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast? How to get rid of stretch marks on thighs? How to get rid of stretch marks on arms?
Here 11 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
1 Drink plenty of water.
Water is the quickest and most efficient way to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Properly hydrated skin is softer and more supple, causing your skin to appear more toned and eliminating some of the “bumpy” qualities of stretch marks. Keeping hydrated will also help prevent new stretch marks from forming
- Specific instructions vary, but consider drinking up to ten glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated and minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
2 Administer aloe vera
Aloe vera may be the most effective home health remedy for treating stretch marks. This plant is known for its soothing and healing properties; many people use it to treat sunburn. Break off a leaf from an aloe vera plant and apply the broken surface directly to your skin. After a few minutes, rinse with lukewarm water. Alternatively, consider using a preparation made using aloe vera gel.
- Combine 1/4 cup (60 ml) aloe vera gel with the oil from ten vitamin E capsules and the oil from five vitamin A capsules.
- Apply this mixture once a day, rubbing it into your skin until absorbed.
3 Employ egg whites
The amino acids and proteins in egg whites work to repair damaged skin. This treatment may produce results in just a couple of weeks.
- Gently whip two egg whites with a whisk until soft peaks form.
- Use a makeup brush or sponge to apply a thick layer of whipped egg white to your stretch marks and let dry completely.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Apply a light coat of olive oil to hydrate your skin after rinsing off the egg whites.
4 Exfoliate with sugar
Sugar is a natural skin exfoliant — a substance that rubs away dead cells to rejuvenate your skin. It is also regarded as among the best home remedies for stretch marks. Create a rub from granulated sugar:
- Combine one tablespoon of sugar with a few drops of almond oil and lemon juice and stir well.
- Apply directly to your stretch marks, rubbing the mixture into your skin for eight to ten minutes.
- Shower following treatment.
- For best results, follow this regimen each time you shower for up to one month
5 Apply potato juice
While we don’t generally think of potatoes as “juicy,” the moisture raw potatoes release when cut contains valuable vitamins and minerals. These nutrients promote the restoration and growth of your skin cells.
- Cut a medium potato into thick slices.
- Gently rub one of the slices over your stretch marks for several minutes, coating the stretch marks thoroughly with the “juice” the potato emits.
- Let the juice air dry.
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
6 Soak in lemon juice
The acid in lemon juice helps reduce skin blemishes. Cut a lemon in half and gently rub a cut end over your stretch marks. Allow the juice to sit on your skin for up to 10 minutes before rinsing with water.
7 Coat with olive oil
Olive oil contains useful nutrients and antioxidants, and because it is a natural moisturizer you needn’t rinse it off after use. Simply massage the oil into your stretch marks. Consider warming the oil slightly to improve blood circulation to your skin.
8 Moisturize with cocoa butter
Cocoa butter is noted for its ability to smooth wrinkled or damaged skin. Massage your stretch marks with cocoa butter twice daily for best results.
9 Use skin camouflage
Many pharmacies offer over-the-counter products that can be used to camouflage small areas of skin impacted by birthmarks or stretch marks. Some types are even waterproof, and will remain in place for two to three days.
10 Apply tretinoin cream
Tretinoin products are often called “retinoid” creams. They work by helping your body rebuild the collagen in your skin. Although products containing tretinoin may not completely eliminate stretch marks, scientific evidence does indicate they improve their appearance.
- Note that these products can sometimes irritate sensitive skin.
- Consult your doctor before using creams containing this substance if you are pregnant or nursing.
11 Invest in a product containing glycolic acid
This alpha hydroxy acid is derived from sugar cane. It, too, can improve your body’s collagen production. While you can usually find toners, cleansers, and moisturizers in the store that contain glycolic acid, a dermatologist may be able to offer a higher dose if needed. As with tretinoin, some scientific evidence exists to suggest that at minimum glycolic acid could improve the appearance of your stretch marks.
- Consider combining a glycolic acid-based product with tretinoin cream; some evidence indicates doing so produces stronger results.
- You can also try a chemical peel; you might see results in 2-3 treatments.