Cellulite is essentially fat and when you have excessive weight, you are bound to get cellulites. Thus you need to do exercises such as walking, jogging, swimming, jumping, skipping or yoga etc. Weight lifting, martial arts, aerobics and dancing are also helpful when it comes to lose weight and remove cellulite. If not for long, exercise at least for 20 minutes every day. Exercising regularly will help your body balance and function in a proper way and keep you away from various health issues and not only cellulites.
Here are some specific exercises that we can call cellulite exercises for convenience. These exercises will help you lose weight as well as tone your muscles to make your skin firm and cellulite free. You need to do one set of 10-15 repetitions of these exercises at least 3 days a week (doing 5 days a week is the best plan though). While doing these exercises, lift slowly counting 2 seconds to lift and 4 seconds to lower. Before starting, you should warm up thoroughly by walking or by stationary cycling.
1. Glute Kickback to Remove Cellulite from Buttocks
- Ankle weights (You may also do the exercise without ankle weights or by holding a light dumbbell behind the knee of working leg)
- Wear the ankle weights if using.
- Get to hands-and-knees position with your forearms and knees (and portion below it) touching the ground at the same time. Weight should lie on your forearms
- Back would stay straight. Keep your head in line with the back.
- Eyes need to look downwards.
- Now slowly swing your right leg towards backside while lifting your right foot toward the ceiling till your thigh gets parallel to the ground. Keep your foot flexible throughout the exercise.
- Hold the position for a second and return to the beginning position.
- Now repeat with your left leg and foot.
- This exercise will tone your gluteal muscles.
2. Squats for Thigh Cellulites
Squats are very easy exercises done without any special equipment. You need to just use your own body weight while doing squats. You may however, use dumbbells or barbells to increase its intensity.
- Stand up straight.
- Bend your knees till the time your thighs get parallel to the ground.
- Your back should stay straight.
- Push your glutes backward as if you are sitting down in a chair.
- By using your leg muscles you now will slowly come back to a standing position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 to 15 squats.
- The muscles worked through squats include glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, hip flexors, and lower leg muscles.
3. Perform Lunge to Get Rid of Cellulite
Along with squats, lunge is another exercise which is specifically good for cellulite removal. It targets the cellulites of your butt and thighs.
- Medium-weight dumbbells (only if doing reverse lunge. For simple lunge, you don’t need anything)
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Now, with your right foot, take a step forward and lunge into this movement.
- For this, keep your upper thigh parallel to the ground and your knee in line with your toes.
- Return to your starting position. Repeat with the other leg.
- Perform at least 3 sets of 15 lunges per leg.
- Now if you are interested, you may do reverse lunge as well.
- For this, stand with your feet stretched to your hip-width.
- Keep your arms at sides and hold a dumbbell in each of your hands.
- Lunge behind yourself with right foot while bending both knees at 90 degrees.
- Hold for 1 count.
- Return to your starting position and repeat.
- Do 12-15 repetitions.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Lunges work on glutes and quads.
If you are really desperate to remove cellulites with lunges, perform side lunge and back lunge as well. This helps with cellulite removal from your outer and inner thigh, hamstrings and glutes.
4. Workout your Muscles Side to Side with Dumbbells
- Dumbbells (if not, just let your hands stay on your hips)
- Stand with your legs stretched to the width of your shoulder
- Keep your toes pointed out (45 degrees)
- Your back must stay flat and straight.
- Hold a dumbbell in both of your hands and let them rest at the hips.
- Now take a big step towards left and bend the left knee in a way that your thigh gets parallel to the floor. While doing this, your right leg should stay extended.
- Don’t let the left knee jut over your toes or the buttocks to go below your knee.
- Pause for some time and then return to the position in which you began.
- Repeat this with your right leg.
- These exercise will tone the muscles of quadriceps, abductors, hamstrings, and glutes.
5. Leg Pull for Removing Cellulite from Outer Thighs
- Exercise Band
- Tie the exercise band loosely around your ankles.
- Lie down on the floor on your back. Do not arch your back nor twist your torso. If you feel its difficult to keep balance while doing the exercise, lie close to a chair in a way that you can hold on to one of the chair’s legs to get its support.
- Keep your arms down at both of your sides.
- Now extend both your legs straight upwards and bring them directly above your hips.. While taking your feet up, spread your feet outwards enough to slightly taut the exercise band. Keep your feet flexible.
- Open your legs slowly. Open them as far as you can.
- When you can no longer open your legs and it becomes difficult to pull any more, close your legs slowly to bring them back to their starting position.
- This exercise will tone the muscles of your thighs, especially those of outer thighs and help remove cellulites from there.