This drink is very refreshing and quick to make on a warm day. Feel free to use frozen berries as they are available all year round.
Rockmelon, or Cantaloupe, is an excellent source of Vitamin A and C, a very good source of potassium, and a good source of fibre, folate, Vitamin B6 and niacin.Combining these two superfoods makes a very healthy and very refreshing drink or snack. Option to add a banana, this will then turn from a cooler to a drink.
Raspberries are high in anti-oxidants and a host of other nutrients as well.
- 1/2 small rock melon, skin and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 extra raspberries for garnish
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Place rock melon, apple juice, ice and raspberries in processor or juicer.
- Process until juice all combined
- Pop extra raspberries on top for garnish.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||410 kJ||154 kJ|
|98 Cal||37 Cal|
|Protein||1.6 g||0.6 g|
|Fat, total||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|– Saturated||0.1 g||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||17.8 g||6.7 g|
|– Sugars||17.6 g||6.7 g|
|Sodium||31 mg||12 mg|