On a recent episode of The Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Oz reveals his new rapid weight loss plan that when tested on a large group of Oz viewers resulted in an average weight loss 9.3 pounds per person in just two weeks. According to Dr. Oz, if you stick to this plan for two weeks, it will change everything.
“Not only will the pounds melt off fast as you’ve just heard from some of the audience, but you will see a drastic decrease in disease. Everything from less type 2 diabetes, less symptoms of food sensitivity, and chronic pain begins to dissipate. It’s called my “2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet,” says Dr. Oz who states that he developed this plan by spending the past year researching the top diets and their plans with the latest weight loss science.
“The common denominator in these diets and the everyday foods that you are eating is that they are making you sick and fat,” says Dr. Oz who adds that he believes that it’s not a matter of a lack of willpower, but that it’s more about how these foods are tricking your body into gaining weight.
As a result, Dr. Oz gleaned the best advice from the top diets and put together his own 2 week rapid weight loss diet that is summarized as follows:
Rapid Weight Loss Diet Step 1: Eliminate the Foods that are Making You Sick and Fat
- Eliminated Food 1: Wheat
- Eliminated Food 2: Artificial Sweeteners
- Eliminated Food 3: Refined Sugar and Alcohol
- Eliminated Food 4: Coffee― “Here’s why it’s important to eliminate coffee from this program―most of you don’t drink coffee black, so you add sugar and cream to it, which are empty calories and empty fat. Also, coffee ends up being a trigger for a lot of you. It’s a trigger that makes you eat a lot of the foods that comes along with it like the donut in the morning or the pastry. The other thing is that you drink a lot of coffee and it elevates your cortisol, which gives you a false sense of energy,” says Dr. Oz who explains further that this in turn messes with your hormones that in turn results in increased eating and weight gain.
Weight Loss Diet Step 2: Add Unlimited Quantities of Low Glycemic Food to Burn Fat Fast
Added Food #1: Hot water with lemon― “Start each day with hot water with lemon. This drink is going to kick start your digestive process for the day. Ancient cultures have believed that lemon aids weight loss by cleansing the liver,” says Dr. Oz.
Added Food #2: Breakfast Smoothie― “You have to have breakfast—right? I want you to have a breakfast smoothie packed with protein to keep you full for hours,” says Dr. Oz who adds that this following recipe mixed in a blender makes a quick and easy smoothie that contains antioxidants that will cleanse you of toxins and boost your immunity:
• 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
• ½ cup of frozen berries
• ½ banana
• 2 tablespoons of rice protein powder
• 2 tablespoons of flaxseed powder
Added Food #3: Any of the following whenever you want throughout the day
• Greek yogurt—the calcium in it will help melt fat
• 6 ounces of protein consisting of turkey, chicken or fish—to help keep you full
• ½ cup of brown rice—filled with fiber to also help you stay satiated longer
• Organic green tea—to replace the coffee and add fat-burning catechins compounds
• Olive oil and avocado—contains healthy types of fats that your body needs
• Snacks consisting of hummus, nuts and/or pickles—a couple of handfuls a day
“You can have any of these once a day, whenever you feel like it,” says Dr. Oz.
However, this does not mean this is all you get to eat per day. Dr. Oz’s addition to these foods is that you are allowed to eat as much in low glycemic index vegetables as you want to supplement the aforementioned foods. In addition, this includes eating vegetable broth or making a vegetable soup.
“You can eat as much of this stuff as you want and it will not push you off the plan,” promises Dr. Oz.
Rapid Weight Loss Diet Step #3: Take Probiotics and Nutrients
“The final step is adding probiotics and nutrients to speed up the weight loss. A probiotic is valuable because it encourages the good bacteria in your intestines. You will also want to have a multivitamin just in case, because a lot of you were going from a program where you weren’t eating the right things,” says Dr. Oz.
After 2 weeks: Unlimited protein
According to Dr. Oz, after the two weeks are up while following his plan, you are allowed to eat as much protein as you want including nuts. And, if you need something sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth, stick to eating berries. Dr. Oz tells viewers that this is a life style plan and that if you go back to overeating carbs or those other foods that trick the body, that you will gain the lost weight back.
To help viewers easily keep track of what they can have and not have while on Dr. Oz’s “2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet,” Dr. Oz provides a printable diet guide to help you stay on track toward successful weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.