Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Grapes
Grapes help weight loss :
- There are only 62 calories in a cup of grapes, making them an ideal snack or dieters and cutting calories substantially for substituting a meal with a cup of grapes
- Grapes contain almost a full spectrum of vitamins and micronutrients including all of the B vitamins, A, C , D and E that can help keep your metabolism running smoothly and promote weight loss
- Grapes contain many minerals that can help keep your blood, kidneys and liver in good working order including very high amounts of boron, copper, molybdenum and phosphorus
- Grapes are very high in potassium, which helps reduce sodium levels in the body and improve blood quality and the function of the cardiovascular system
- Grapes also contain many antioxidants that help repair cells fast including beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lycopene, lutein, zeaxanthin and lutein
- The antioxidants in grapes help prevent the oxidation of fat in our bodies so it is harder for it to cling to tissue and stick around
- Grapes contain a tiny bit o melatonin, which helps your feel more relaxed and may help weight loos due to anxiety
- Grapes are one of the few foods that contains a full amino acid profile, which is what makes eating a cup of grapes a good meal substitute
- Grapes contain almost no fat, which makes them one of the most perfect of foods to consume for weight loss and the 1% fat in each grape consists o healthy Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Grapes are natural diuretics that help prevent water weight and flushes toxins out of your system in an efficient way that helps you shed the pounds fast
- Grapes are a very filling and an help tame cravings for sugary treats
- Grapes with the skin on are great source of easily digested fiber that helps clear waste and toxins from the digestive system, thus aiding elimination and in turn aiding weight loss
- Grapes are a low glycemic food, which means that the fruit sugars in the fruit do not speed to the bloodstream causing blood sugar spikes, so they are quite safe for diabetics to fast on, provided they have the approval of their physician to do so
- Grapes contain interleukins, molecules that help relieve and cure inflammation in the body, allowing for better metabolism and a better capacity for enduring exercise
- Grapes help reduce high blood pressure, which in turn enables people who have this condition to exercise comfortably for longer periods of time, thus helping to get rid of the calories
- The antioxidants in grapes also help improve the function of the brain and in particular, the function of the hippocampus region of the pituitary gland, which helps regulate weight gain and inflammation throughout the body
- Red, blue and black grapes contain resveratrol, which is known to improve cardiovascular health and which works synchronistic ally with a low-calorie diet to assist with weight loss
1 On the Cleansing Grape Diet
You can lose up to seven pounds a four if you follow this cleansing grape diet if you follow it exactly and consume nothing but the grapes for at least four days. You can stay on this very calorie-restricted diet without risking nutritional deficiencies for two weeks
- Instead of eating other foods, eat two pounds of grapes every day for at least four days and a maximum of two weeks. It is best to split up this up into three meals and a snack to avoid hunger pangs. To avoid the boredom of eating the same thing all of the time you can freeze the grapes and eat them whole like you would a candy or blend them with ice or make a smoothie.
- You must drink clear hot and cold brewed liquids and hot chicken or beef broth on this diet. You are allowed black coffee, black tea, and black green tea and any type of homemade ice tea, made without sugar. Drinking hot green tea is highly recommended on this diet
- Be sure to consume at least eight glasses of spring water or distilled water while you are on this diet. This will help your body rinse itself out and eliminate toxins.
- Do this diet every day up to four days. If you feel like you want to continue this diet after four days, by all means do so. If you are dizzy or feel weak then do not do it more than the four days. Keep in mind too, that because this is a crash diet, it is likely that you will gain some of this weight back.
2 As A Replacement Food That Promotes Weight Loss
- One way to lose weight while you are on the grape diet is to replace one to two meals a day with a cup or two of grapes, which will only be 100-200 calories rather than the usual amount you consume.
- Replace a full meal or a snack with a grape slushy. This hydrating drink consists of a cup of watermelon and a cup of ice that has been whipped into a frothy smoothie in a blender. You can also make this slushy more exotic by adding up to two teaspoons of your favorite juice, such as cherry, grapefruit juice, cranberry, lemon, lime, strawberry, watermelon or orange juice
- Replace a full meal with a sweet grape smoothie. A good filing combination for weight loss is a cup of grapes, a small peeled banana and a half cup of Greek yogurt, rice milk, almond milk or cashew milk.
- Lose weight fast by replacing a full meal with Red Pepper, Apple and Grape smoothie. Combine a cup of grapes, with 1 apple and 1 red pepper, chopped and four ounces of spring water. Blend until smooth and drink. This smoothie is very high in Vitamin A and C, which gives dieters the energy to exercise and it also has a powerful diuretic effect.
- Add any kind of grapes to any salad and eat that as a meal.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to limit your sugar content while eating grapes to lose weight then keep in mind that blue-black grapes are the least sweet, green grapes are medium sweet and red grapes are super sweet.
- Choose grapes that are ripe because they will have the highest concentration of antioxidants in their flesh
- When shopping for grapes, try to buy organic because farmed grapes tend to be sprayed with pesticide
- The slightly white powder stain on the skin of grapes is called “the bloom” and not necessarily evidence of pesticide contamination, but be sure to wash your grapes thoroughly with hot and then cold water to make sure