The cabbage soup diet, i.e., the diet that focuses on making the Dieter eat the low-calorie cabbage soup for 7 days in a high quantity. However, this diet is considered to be a FAD diet which works on our body only for a short period of time. It is estimated that within a week you can lose about 5 – 10 inches of your belly fat. However, it’s long-time results are almost zero.
This diet claims to reduce around 10 pounds in a week’s span which is almost impossible as per the say of nutritionist and dietitians across the world.
Few people often confuse the cabbage soup diet with the sacred heart diet. Although both seem to similar, differences are there in both the diets. The main dissimilarity between both is the presence of cabbage in the soup of cabbage soup diet.
Lose Belly With Cabbage Soup
You won’t find one particular recipe of the cabbage soup. Every diet guru or dietitian seems to have cooked their own recipe from the main authentic cabbage soup diet recipe.
Below given is a simple cabbage diet soup recipe.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large green onions chopped
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 pack soup mix powder
- 1 can fat-free beef broth/ chicken broth/ vegetable broth
- 2 cans green beans
- 4 cup carrots chopped
- 1 bunch celery chopped
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- Salt n pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Heat a soup pan and spray olive oil in it.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Now add in the vegetables and pour water to cover them properly.
- Cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Now add the broth and soup mix. Stir continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Cover the utensil with a lid and simmer for the next 20 minutes.
- Add salt n pepper.
- If you want the soup to be a little spicy, you can add cayenne powder, which is actually a fat-burning herb.
- Garnish with parsley.
Cabbage Soup Diet – The 7 Days Diet Plan
Day 1: Cabbage Soup and Fruits (except Banana)
Have the cabbage soup as much as you like. Don’t starve yourself. Whenever you feel hungry treat yourself with fresh fruits or the cabbage soup.
Day 2: Cabbage Soup and Vegetables
Stuff yourself with fresh veggies today. You can have them in any form, i.e., cooked or uncooked. Try out having green leafy vegetables more. Try avoiding peas, dry beans and corns. You should not have any fruits today. However, you can relish the jacket potato this day. Bake a jacket potato with a little amount of butter and have it as your dinner.
Day 3: Cabbage Soup, Veggies and Fruits (Except Banana and Baked Potato)
You can have all the fruits and vegetables you had on the first and the second day. However, you must not have bananas and baked potato.
Day 4: Cabbage Soup, Eight Bananas and Skimmed Milk
Your desire for sweet will get reduced this day. You must have at least 8 bananas and skimmed milk as much as you can along with the soup.
Day 5: Cabbage Soup, 10 Ounces Ground Beef and Tomatoes
You must have at least 10 oz of beef today with around 6 fresh tomatoes (minimum). 1 cup of your cabbage soup is also a necessary drink to have. Diet for this day aims at flushing out uric acid from your body, which can be possible if you intake about 6 – 8 glasses of water together with the suggested diet.
Day 6: Cabbage Soup, Beef and Vegetables (Except Potato)
Eat beef and vegetables to your heart’s content today. Include lots of spinach in your today’s diet. Have your soup once in a day. Avoid potato.
Day 7: Cabbage Soup, Brown Rice, Vegetables and Unsweetened Fruit Juice
Refill yourself with steamed brown rice with cooked or uncooked veggies. For drinks, you can have unsweetened fruit juice. Don’t forget to have your cabbage soup once.
Important things to note before you opt to lose belly fat with the cabbage soup diet.
- It is not considerable enough to be fully dependent upon.
- Follow the whole diet plan not just the cabbage soup.
- If you don’t want to have beef, you can opt for chicken. However, the chicken should be skinless. You can also go with broiled fish.
- The drinks allowed on all days are:
Lots of water
Pros and Cons of The cabbage soup diet
- It enables you to lose weight fast.
- The diet has to be followed for only 7 days.
- The soup is really easy to prepare.
- The diet flushes out all the toxins from the body.
- The diet makes the Dieter avoid the intake of processed foods such as flours and refined sugar.
- The American Heart Association and Sacred Heart Hospital disagree with the fact that they have any relation with the diet. So it is always advised to consult your dietitian before following the diet.
- Produces intestinal gas.
- The soup has a bland taste.
- The diet lacks in vitamins, minerals and proteins.
- The effects produced are short termed.
- There is no scientific proof of the fact that the soup is a fat-burning food.
- There is a danger of malnutrition in the patient.