Coffee scrub and also the coffee wrap are among the popular home remedies for cellulite and not for no reason. When you rub your skin with coarse coffee grounds, it works as an excellent exfoliating agent and removes dead skin cells to give your skin new and healthy cells. The skin tightening effects of coffee also smoothen your sagging dimpled skin. It is said that coffee scrub also enhances fat metabolism and removes fat and liquid from your skin to get you rid of cellulite.
- Coffee grounds- ¼ cup
- Sugar (or brown sugar)- 3 tbsp
- Coconut oil or olive oil- 2-3 tbsp
How to make
- Take a clean bowl and combine coffee grounds, sugar and the oil you are using. Melt the coconut oil before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Now take this paste like mixture and massage your cellulite ridden skin with this scrub for several minutes.
- When massaging, do not try to be too gentle. Apply firm pressure on the tough cellulite. If you can’t be so harsh with your skin, use the alternative way of coffee wrap described just after this remedy.
- If using olive oil, do not mix it with coffee and sugar. First apply olive oil to your skin and then massage with coffee-sugar mixture.
- Now wash off with water, if required, with warm water.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a week and keep doing for few weeks before you see the results.
Alternatively, you can make a coffee wrap using olive oil with coffee.
- Coffee grounds- ½ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil- enough to make paste
How to make
- Add a little olive oil to the coffee ground.
- Heat it a little using microwave for about 20-30 seconds or by indirect heat. You can place the bowl containing the mixture on to hot water in another big pan or bowl. You just need a warm mixture.
- Now apply this mixture to your cellulite affected areas spreading it all over.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and leave for about half an hour and then wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this at least twice a week for few weeks until you see improvement.