Cellulite is a metabolic disease that affects more women than men. It’s characterized by functional and
physiological changes of fibrous tissue, circulatory disorders and hypertrophy of the fat cells. In this article, we’ll give
you a few tips to get rid of cellulite.
Stages of Cellulite Development
Cellulite is formed in different stages or phases that end in
the disintegration of subcutaneous tissue.
- First Stage. The venous and lymphatic
microcirculation slows down, causing vasodilation.
- Second Stage. This vasodilation makes
blood and lymphatic vessels permeable, so fluid flows out.
- Third Stage. This fluid becomes dense
and thick, hindering the exchange of nutrients between fat
cells and blood vessels.
Fat cells grow in size because they can’t wash out their waste
during circulation. That
fatty cellular hypertrophy can even make the adipocyte erupt,
thus emptying out its fat content.
- Fourth Stage. There is fibrosis, forming a web that
contains fat cells and the blood and lymphatic vessels. This
web hinders the nutrient exchange between cells even more.
Furthermore, this fibrous web also compresses the nerve endings
and fat cells and causes pain.
- Fifth Stage. The fibrosis evolves to form
macronodules, leading to the “orange-peel” appearance.
Cellulite Emergence Symptoms
- Heaviness in the lower limbs due to fluid accumulation
(edema) and waste products
- Edema in ankles
- Cold feet
- Varicose veins
- Spontaneous skin bruises
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Cellulite
There’s a whole bunch of natural remedies that help fight this
problem. Here are two that will help improve the appearance of
Avocado is a fruit rich in nutrients that moisturize the skin.
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 g)
- Thoroughly wash the avocado and cut it in half.
- With a spoon, separate the fleshy part from the shell and
- Place in a container and crush it into a
- Add the oats and the
olive oil and mix well to obtain a
- Apply on the problem areas, massage gently with your
fingers, and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse with cold water.
- Repeat three times a week for good results.
Caffeine is one of the best elements to fight
cellulite. You can make a very effective home
treatment with coffee.
- ½ cup of ground coffee beans or ground coffee (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30 g).
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g).
- ¼ cup of almond oil (50 g)
- ¼ cup of olive oil (50 g)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until you get a
- Apply to the affected areas and repeat every day.
- You can do it while showering or before you shower.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then rinse.