This Garlic Prawn Fried Rice recipe has less than 400 calories per serve & is very tasty thanks to the wonderful flavours of Garlic, Ginger and a hint of Chilli.
We’ve used Brown Rice as the nutrition in Brown Rice is far better than white rice and adds a great nutty taste.
You can use this recipe as a meal or as an accompanying side dish. Whichever you decide, your dinner companions will love it and ask for more.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 400g (1lb or 14oz) raw prawns (aka shrimp), peeled, (we used no tails)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum (aka sweet peppers), diced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn
- 1 cup sprouts
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ketchup manis (Indonesian sauce, can use oyster or hoisin)
- 1 red chilli or teaspoon crushed chilli
- ½ lemon squeezed
- Pepper for seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Cook brown rice as per instructions, cool.
- In a wok or large non-stick pan heat veg and sesame oil. Cook onion for 5 minutes. Add capsicum; cook a further 3-4 minutes, not burning onion.
- Add chilli, cook 1 minute. Now add prawns, and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until prawns start to change colour. Add garlic and ginger, stir fry another 30 seconds then add rice, breaking up as you stir fry. Add soy, fish, Ketchup Manis over rice, breaking up as you go. You add the water, sprouts, peas and corn, spring onions and keep stirring and cook a minute or two.
- Season with cracked pepper and squeeze lemon juice over now and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1580 kJ||361 kJ|
|377 Cal||86 Cal|
|Protein||30.3 g||6.9 g|
|Fat, total||3.6 g||0.8 g|
|– Saturated||0.7 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||49.6 g||11.3 g|
|– Sugars||11.3 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||1310 mg||300 mg|