Rooibos Tea is made from South African Redbush tealeaves. With a mild flavor that packs a punch in your hunger cravings, this tea makes a great beverage in addition to your other weight loss products. While it is true that reducing calories and increasing your exercise helps you lose weight, many of us still battle hunger.
Add Rooibos Tea to Diets for Weight Loss
- Drink three to four cups of Rooibos tea a day for it’s benefits. You can do this either by making an iced tea or hot tea. It has a low tannin level, which means that this tea will not deplete nutrients like Iron consumed in food.
- Save your tea bags and use the leaves as an all-natural facial scrub. The antioxidants in the leaves are absorbed through the skin and are amazing wrinkle reducers. You can also use the leaves to calm down a rash like poison ivy or eczema.
- Marinate your meat with Rooibos tea. Instead of water in your favorite marinades replace with rooibos tea. The tea works as a meat tenderizer the way an acidic vinegar would, but does not “cook” the meat while marinating.
- Infuse your milk in a recipe with Rooibos tea first before adding that to the recipe. Especially in desserts the sweet taste of Rooibos is an exciting addition.
Make a Sugar-Free Low-Calorie Rooibos Pancake Syrup:
The Rooibos gives the sugar-free syrup and nice golden color where regular sugar-free syrups are mostly clear. 1 tablespoon of this syrup is only 6 calories. Store unused portions in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups water
- 4 Rooibos Tea bags
- 1/2 cup powdered or liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon Xanthum gum
- 1 Teaspoon Flavored Extract of your choice.
How to make
- Steep the tea bags in boiling water. You will want to infuse the water for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients after that point and be sure to whisk in the Xanthum Gum to avoid clumps.
- Allow the syrup to cool and use on your favorite dishes that require syrup like fruits.