How to lose weight naturally? Well, when you’re looking for effective, quick weight loss, there are certain things you can do. Again, it’s important to incorporate strategies that you like and turn them into good weight management habits for a lifetime.
Here are seven natural fat loss remedies that are worth trying!
1. Lemon: A squeeze of this popular citrus is a great way to start your day. Lemon is a natural detoxifier to help your liver flush away toxins. A little lemon juice (not too much) helps neutralize stomach acids and reduce heartburn and acid reflux. For weight loss, that means keeping your digestive system humming along.
Recipe: Take a glass of lukewarm water, add two or three tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper. Mix it well and drink it on an empty stomach, every morning.
2. Green tea: Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that can help keep your metabolism running in fine form. To have the real benefits from it, drink it without sugar.
3. Cabbage: Hail the humble cabbage! Cabbage is a top cruciferous vegetable to get your weight management on track. It contains tartaric acid that helps prevent carbohydrates and sugar from getting converted into fats. Cabbage also comes with a wide variety of nutrients which your body needs: Calcium, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, sulphur, and magnesium. It is also a rich source of fiber. Great for digestion, the immune system and shedding those pounds.
4. Eat more slow foods. There’s a lot to be said for the slow food movement, the trend to prepare fresh, locally-sourced meals and sit down at the table with family or friends to enjoy them – instead of relying on fast food. Why? It’s healthy and will help you manage your weight. Fast food is cheap, filling and convenient. It also packs far more calories, not to mention harmful saturated and trans fat, than you need. Studies show that people who eat at fast-food restaurants more than twice a week are more prone to gaining weight and developing diabetes than people who only occasionally eat at the golden arches.
5. Drink coffee before a workout. Fact or fiction? Fact, but with a note of caution. The caffeine in coffee can make exercise feel a lot easier, so you’ll be more likely to stick with it and give it your 100 percent effort. It helps improve attention and reduce symptoms of fatigue. The idea is a cup coffee at the right time can help you to exercise harder and for longer. Burn those calories and strengthen those muscles! But there are many negative effects of this popular stimulant, including insomnia, anxiety, headaches, palpitations and high blood pressure that also come into play. You don’t want to have a cup before exercise and then drink cup after cup throughout the day. Moderation is key.
6. Do some yoga. There are many benefits to this ancient practice – and you can count weight loss among them. Practicing it regularly helps to lower stress, for one, and we know that too much of the stress hormone, cortisol, packs on belly fat like nobody’s business. With yoga, you have mindful mediation, flexibility and you’re building strength and burning calories.
6. Get enough sleep. This is a habit that needs some urgent attention. Our fast-paced lives and stress levels are making us sleep-deprived. That’s not good. There’s a huge body of research about why sleep is important and weight management is part of the puzzle. Sleep loss can increase hunger and negatively impact the body’s metabolism, making it more of a struggle to maintain or lose weight.