If you have ever read about the weight-loss efforts of celebrities who made huge bodily transformations and went from fat to fit, you will notice something common in their diets. Wondering what that tiny little thing is that made a big difference on their health? The answer to that question is detox water. Now, that seems a little hard to believe, doesn’t it?
Benefits of Detox Drinks
Combining plain water with amazing fat-burning superfoods helps you create detox water, and you’ll get an elixir that energizes you, combats bloating and helps you reach your weight loss goals, all in one. Fruits like berries, grapefruits and apples have compounds in their peels and pulps that fight the flab and prevent disease, all this by just sipping on a delicious drink.
What Are The Benefits of Infused Water
Water detox has many additional health benefits, as detailed below:
- It has mood-boosting properties.
- It gets rid of all the accumulated toxins.
- It makes you feel satiated, which stops you from eating junk food.
- It enables your body release fat cells and help you lose weight quickly.
- It helps food move through your system.
- It takes care of your organs and keeps them healthy.
- It helps reduce the muscle fatigue during or after your workouts.
- For the same reason, it helps you recover quickly after a vigorous workout.
- It energizes you during those periods of afternoon slumps and energy crashes you experience.
How to Make Detox Water
For all the detox water recipes below, the preparation steps are more or less the same:
- Drop the ingredients in the bottom of a pitcher or fruit infuser bottle.
- Cover it completely with ice till about 1/2 way through, then and fill to top with water. Keep the pitcher in the in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- You can keep refilling the container at least 2-3 times before the flavor goes away.
- These ingredients are all made inside a 2-quart pitcher. If you are planning to use a portable fruit infuser, you’ll have to cut down the ingredients by about half the amount or even lesser for recipes with a lot of ingredients.
1. Apple Cinnamon Detox Water Recipe
- 1 Apple thinly diced. Throw away the seeds.
- 1 organic cinnamon Stick. Using whole cinnamon sticks is better than powdered cinnamon.
Healthy recipes hardly ever taste good, but this one tastes delicious with a capital D. On top of that, it also has a lot of health benefits. The drink is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants as it has apple as one of its chief ingredients. It can protect you from developing cancer, diabetes, heart disease and hypertension. Cinnamon has great metabolism boosting properties as well, so all in all, it is a great drink to sip on.
2. Orange Raspberry Detox Water
This is a great drink to quench you thirst on hot summer days.
- 1 thinly sliced orange
- 1-pint raspberries (lightly crushed)
This detox water recipe blends together two of the most potent infused water ingredients, raspberries, and oranges! Oranges not only taste wonderful, they are also full of vitamin C, which is a necessary antioxidant to help fight inflammation, help in anti-aging and can also prevent common colds. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fibers, raspberries are a delicious fruit with a number of health benefits. They have a higher concentration of a phenolic compound known as ellagic acid, which prevents cancer. Like all berries, raspberries also stall the growth of cancer cells and even stop the metastasis of some cancers.
3. Watermelon and Strawberry Mint Detox
- 4 cups of watermelon in /2-inch cubes, lightly mashed
- 1/2 pint of strawberries, diced in half
- 6 sprigs mint crushed lightly
Not only does watermelon taste delicious, it has a lot of great health benefits as well. It helps reduce blood pressure, improves insulin response and alleviates muscle soreness as it contains significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids. It also contains a modest amount of potassium. Strawberries are choc-a-bloc with wonderful antioxidants, so this can become your go-to drink for health and fitness.
4. Cucumber Water Detox
- 1 medium cucumber.
Clean it and peel it, you can also use unpeeled ones according to your preference and cut them into 1/2 inch slices.
There isn’t really any detox drink as effective as cucumber water. The original recipe has been changed quite a bit, but it is still very effective for weight loss. Cucumbers are a powerhouse of essential nutrients; they are full of vitamins, inflammation-fighting compounds, and flavonoids. It shields your brain and also refreshes your breath.
5. Chia Detox Water
- 1 – 12oz glass of water
- 1 Tbsp. of Chia Seeds
- Juice squeezed from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of agave nectar
Chia seeds are gluten-free and a terrific source of calcium. They are also supposed to help curb your appetite. When added to a glass of water, they swell up and develop a gel-like consistency. If you are someone like us and forget to drink enough water, you can try this first thing in the morning to wake yourself up. It definitely gives you the energy to carry on with your day with zest and vigor. Antioxidants are what make superfoods so nutritious, and chia seeds are rich in them. They help combat the free radical damage in the body. This protects the body on a cellular level and has shown miraculous results in fighting against cancer and heart disease. It’s fairly easy to concoct a smoothie or any other dish with chia seeds because of their small size and nutty flavor.
6. Blueberry and Orange Water Ingredients
- 2 Mandarin Oranges cut into wedges
- Handful of blueberries
This drink is full of the benefits of citrusy fruits, making it a storehouse of vitamin C, which increases metabolism and is also great for toning your skin. The blueberries up the antioxidant quotient of this drink to a great extent and increase the fiber content as well, to help you maintain digestive health. The beauty of blueberries is that they help make you more beautiful, healthy and curb your appetite.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
This simple recipe is as beautiful to look at as it is delicious to drink.
- 1 glass of lukewarm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of raw, local honey
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and beneficial bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has properties to lower the blood pressure levels as much as 6 percent. Lemon juice has properties of balancing blood sugar and alkalizes the body, controlling the PH balance of the body. It has high levels of vitamin C too. Cinnamon, on the other hand, has great anti-oxidant properties. Cinnamon is one spice great for balancing blood sugar levels. Cayenne pepper has been shown to control blood pressure and boost metabolism to a great extent. Skip all artificial sweeteners and stack up stevia, which is all-natural and does not have any harmful impact. Have this drink before your main meals. Start with having this at least three times a day.
8. Turmeric Detox Drink
Juice a decent size fresh lemon:
- 1 tbsp. of raw (organic if possible) honey.
- 1/4 tsp. of turmeric (if you are not used to taking turmeric, start with lower amounts such as 1/8 tsp.)
- 1 glass or 2 cups of warm water (500 ml).
This cleanse has three of the most powerful ingredients on earth. Turmeric being the most important, which has benefits ranging from anti-inflammatory properties to decreased cancer risk. Studies have even revealed how turmeric intake has helped in improving cognitive function, control sudden spikes in blood sugar levels, and also help with proper functioning of the kidneys. It also helps alleviate certain arthritis problems and solves digestive issues. This drink also has lemon, which is a powerhouse of vitamin C. Finally, there’s raw honey, which also has a lot of antioxidants help protect your body from cell damage due to free radicals.
9. Lemon and Cayenne Pepper Detox Drink
- 2 tbsp. of organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp. of organic maple syrup
- 1/10 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 10 oz. of purified water
This drink, also known as the “Master Cleanse,” has been the go-to drink for many celebrities because of its efficiency for weight loss. This is like a one week fast where you skip all solid food and consume only this drink. This is rather drastic and can be followed only under the guidance of a medical practitioner. We think that if you want lasting weight loss results, then you should stick to a healthy diet in conjunction with exercises.
10. Lemon Water and Aloe vera for Weight Loss
- Aloe vera gel – 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Water – 1 cup
Aloe vera is known to increase the metabolic rate of the body to a great level, which helps burn fat and thus shed the extra weight. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels, which is one of one of the main reasons for weight gain. This is one of the best detox water recipes for weight loss.